Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipes
The astonishingly delicious nacho cheese sauce with absolutely no dairy and all whole foods! A great way for vegans to get B vitamins, this sauce is perfect on pretty much anything.
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup cup raw cashews
- 2 ounce jar pimentos (drained)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 – 1 ½ teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cumin*
- cayenne powder (to taste, optional)
- Combine water and all other ingredients in a Vita-Mix or other blender and blend until completely smooth. If you’re using a Vita-Mix, use the “hot soup” setting, and you’ll be good to go! Otherwise, transfer mixture to a medium saucepan and whisk constantly over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Serve as a dip, drizzle over nachos (think refried black beans, a simple guac, fresh jalapeno slices, homemade salsa, sliced black olives, sautéed mushrooms, diced tomatoes, and thinly sliced red onions….. which is exactly what we had for dinner last night, coincidentally), or burritos.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post