Perfect Grilled Pizza Recipes
The perfect at-home pizza, this method produces a wonderful crispy shell with a tender, chewy inside. The result is not smoky, but reminiscent of truly authentic pizzas from Italy!
- one ball of pizza dough
- olive oil
- preferred pizza sauce (, about 1/2 cup)
- mozzarella cheese (, for topping)
- desired toppings
- Preheat your grill to 450º.
- Roll out your pizza dough to be very thin. It should be thin enough that it’s a bit translucent but not so thin that it looks like it will tear if you look at it the wrong way. Don’t try to create a crust by leaving the edges thicker. Brush olive oil on the top side of the prepared dough and then place the dough, olive oil side down, on the grill. Brush new top side with olive oil then close grill hood.
- After about 2-3 minutes, open the grill hood and, if bottom of grill has a few grill marks and is beginning to puff in areas, gently flip pizza using tongs (two tongs together work well here). Spread sauce over pizza then top with plenty of mozzarella, followed by your toppings. Wait about 2-4 minutes (you can leave the grill hood open, which will slow the cooking time a little, or keep it closed for a meltier pizza and more grilled crust). When bottom of pizza has grill marks and cheese is melted, slide pizza onto a platter. Wait about 3 minutes before slicing to make the cheese easier to cut through.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post