Southwestern Black Bean Salad with Citrus Dressing Recipes
Beautiful, vibrant southwestern black bean salad with a fresh citrus dressing! Makes a great, healthy take-along lunch.
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 3/4 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed)
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 1 large orange
- Juice from 1 1/2 limes
- 1/4 tsp. cumin (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. agave
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Optional: cayenne pepper or chipotle for a kick!
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until agave/honey is incorporated. It should yield about 1/2 cup dressing. Set aside.
- Finely dice red onion. Dice bell pepper and tomatoes. Roughly chop cilantro, stems removed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the beans (rinsed and drained), tomato, corn (thawed if frozen), red onion, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Best if chilled 1 hour (can be longer) before serving.
- Stir well before serving, as some of the dressing gathers at the bottom.
- Top with diced avocado right before serving.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post