Roasted Vegetable Wrap with White Bean Spread Recipes
Roasted Veggie Wrap with an easy, protein-packed white bean garlic spread. Just use your own favorite roasted veggies!
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms (sliced)
- 8 oz. asparagus
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Fresh baby spinach
- Olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
- 4 large tortillas (or other wrap of choice)
- 15 oz. can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup water
- Optional: fresh lemon juice, herbs
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prepare the veggies: slice the bell pepper and onion into strips. Remove woody ends from asparagus and cut in 1" pieces.
- Toss bell pepper, onion, asparagus, mushrooms, and tomato in olive oil (omit for oil-free) and salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out veggies in a single layer. (I often use 2 pans to give enough space).
- Roast for about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the bean spread: mince garlic. In a skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil (or veggie broth/water) and garlic. Saute about 1 minute. Add the beans and carefully mash with a potato masher.
- Add 2/3 cup water and let cook about 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Add any optional herbs or lemon juice.
- Assemble wraps: smear the warm bean spread along center line of tortilla, top with a generous amount of roasted veggies, and fresh spinach. Tuck in the end, and tightly roll up.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post