Lentil Quinoa Salad Recipes
Fresh, easy Lentil Quinoa Salad! Combines hearty lentils and quinoa tossed with a simple, flavorful vinaigrette. Satisfying and protein packed!
- 1/2 cup dry white quinoa (or 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa)
- 1/2 cup dry lentils (or 1 heaping cup cooked lentils)
- 3 green onions
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 minced garlic clove)
- 1 lime, zested
- Rinse and cook both quinoa and lentils according to package directions. Be sure to leave lentils tender, not mushy. (For 1/2 cup quinoa, I use a ratio of 3/4 cup water or vegetable broth to cook for fluffier quinoa.)
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Chop the cilantro (large stems remove) and green onions.
- In a bowl, add the cooked lentils, quinoa, green onions, cilantro. Mix to combine. (Add more cilantro if desired.)
- Top with the dressing and toss to thoroughly combine. Salt/pepper to taste as desired. (Also feel free to serve with fresh lime juice squeezed on top!)
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post