Enchilada Sauce Recipes
Our favorite stovetop enchilada sauce! The perfect savory sauce to smother over your beautiful enchilada creations. (Vegan, gluten-free)
- 3 cups organic low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (I use GF all-purpose)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika (or a touch of chipotle powder for spice)
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add tomato paste, and the bowl of flour and spices.
- Cook 1 minute, whisking continuously.
- Whisk in broth, increase heat, and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce to simmer. Cook about 8 minutes or until slightly thickened, whisking occasionally.
- Salt/pepper to taste.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post