Easy Asian Peanut Noodles (20 Minute) Recipes
20-Minute Easy Asian Peanut Butter Noodles! Satisfying, protein-packed, and a perfect quick meal or take-along lunch!
Cuisine : Gluten-Free Option, Oil-Free, Vegan,
Recipe Yields : 4 medium bowls
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 10 minutes
Keywords : easy, family-friendly, healthy, peanut butter, quick, recipe, thai noodles, weeknight,
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup or brown sugar (more/less to taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger (more to taste)
- Hot water to thin to desired consistency
- Crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro, fresh lime juice, green onion, sriracha, red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, taking care not to overcook. Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce:Mince garlic and grate ginger. (I use this microplane grater for ginger.) In a medium/large mixing bowl, add all peanut sauce ingredients except water.Heat 3/4 cup water to just under boiling. Add hot water a couple tablespoons at a time, slowly whisking and working the mixture together.Continue adding water and whisking until sauce is thin enough to mix the noodles in. (I usually add about 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup hot water.) Adjust flavors if needed.
- When pasta is cooked and drained, immediately add it to bowl with peanut sauce. Gently toss to combine. (Sauce will thicken further when combined with pasta.)
- Serve with any desired toppings. Add fresh lime juice or extra tamari for a flavor boost if needed. Great served warm or chilled!
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post