Saltine Toffee Recipes
The perfect last-minute holiday gift! Saltine toffee: crunchy, salty saltines covered in buttery caramel and slathered in rich dark chocolate.
- cooking spray ((preferably coconut oil))
- about 45 saltine crackers (, divided)
- 2 sticks ((1 cup) organic butter)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate chips ((about 1 1/3 cups))
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line 1 large or 2 small jelly-roll pans with aluminum foil, spray with nonstick spray and arrange about 35-40 saltines salt-side down in a single layer. Place the other saltines (about 5) in a ziploc bag and crush.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil until it turns a caramel color, a few minutes. Remove from the heat and pour over the crackers, covering them evenly.
- Put the jelly-roll pan into the oven and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just bubbly, watching carefully. Remove from the oven and pour the chocolate chips over the crackers. When the chips melt a bit, spread them over the crackers with a knife. Sprinkle crushed saltines over melted chocolate.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cold. They will form one big sheet. Break up into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post