Paleo Halloween Cookies (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Refined Sugar Free) Recipes
These paleo Halloween cookies are almost too cute to handle. Tender and soft with a paleo buttercream-style frosting, these paleo Halloween cookies are a must for this holiday! Whether you cut them into pumpkins, ghosts, or bats (or maybe zombies, anyone?), these paleo Halloween cookies are a healthier way to enjoy the classic holiday treat. No tricks here!
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup palm shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food processor
- parchment paper
- cookie sheets
- Preheat oven to 315º F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add coconut sugar. Process until fine, then add remaining ingredients. Pulse until well-combined.
- Turn out on a parchment-paper-lined countertop and cover with another sheet of parchment. Roll out until about 1/4″ thick and cut into desired shapes and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Chill 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Bake for about 7-9 minutes, or until edges are barely beginning to set. Thinner cookies will only need 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet.
- Make the frosting. In the bowl of a food processor, add all ingredients and pulse until well combined. Add natural food colorings as desired and frost fully cooled cookies using a butter knife or offset spatula. Best fresh or within a day, but will keep in an airtight container for several days.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post