Squash Protein Pudding Breakfast Bowls Recipes
Get fancy by topping these squash breakfast bowls with easy and oh, so delicious caramelized banana. Walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seed butter adds some healthy fats and with the added protein powder, this makes a well-balanced, yummy, filling vegan breakfast. Try it to re-fuel after a morning workout.
- 1 cup cooked and mashed (250 g) squash of choice (butternut, acorn, kabocha or canned pumpkin)
- 1 scoop (30 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- half a banana, sliced lengthwise
- pinch of cinnamon and coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp walnut pieces (or other chopped nut of choice)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (or other seed of choice)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or other nut or seed butter of choice)
- To make the pudding, add the cooked squash to a bowl and mash up with the protein powder. You can add a little splash of almond milk or scoop of coconut yogurt if you prefer it to be a little creamier.
- To make the caramelized banana, spray a skillet with a little non-stick avocado or coconut oil cooking spray (or use a very small amount of coconut oil), sprinkle both sides of the sliced banana with a pinch of cinnamon and coconut sugar and cook over medium-high heat until browned on both side. This only takes a minute or two. Try not to overcook it or it will be so gooey it falls apart.
- Top your protein pudding with the caramelized banana and any other desired toppings and enjoy.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post