Cheesy Vegan Broccoli Soup (Whole30, Paleo, Dairy Free) Recipes
This cheesy vegan broccoli soup is rich and creamy, easy to make, and a perfect paleo fall soup recipe. Whole30 compliant and dairy-free, there’s plenty of cheesy flavor with no weird ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or ghee, if not vegan)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups vegetable stock ( or chicken stock if on Whole30 or not vegan)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours if you don’t have a high-speed blender)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- dash cayenne pepper (dash)
- sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Fresh parsley (to serve, optional)
- high-speed blender
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté until translucent, stirring often. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add stock, broccoli, and carrots, then cover with a lid. Simmer until broccoli is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a high-speed blender, combine cashews, water, mustard powder, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, almond milk, and cayenne pepper. Blend at high speed until very, very smooth. Pour mixture into broccoli mixture and stir until smooth. Add plenty of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Spoon into serving bowls and top with fresh chopped parsley.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post