Stone Fruit Skillet Crumble for Two (Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free) Recipes
This stone fruit skillet crumble makes use of ripe peaches and plums with a healthier, crunchy crumb topping. Gluten, dairy, & refined sugar free!
- 1 large ripe peach (, sliced)
- 1 ripe plum (, sliced)
- 1 tablespoon butter ((Earth Balance for vegan; coconut oil would work))
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup ((depending on how tart your fruit is you might need a little more or a little less))
- pinch salt
- Crumble topping:
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons sucanat ((coconut sugar would work))
- 1//4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash salt
- 3 tablespoons butter (, divided (Earth Balance for vegan))
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in small cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add sliced fruit and sauté about 3 minutes, until softening. Add agave nectar and salt, taste, correct seasonings, and continue to sauté about 3 more minutes. You don’t want the fruit to become totally soft but you want to get a little softening in.
- Meanwhile, mix together all crumble topping ingredients except the butter. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter using two knives or a pastry blender or until resembles a coarse meal. Spread crumble topping over fruit in skillet.
- Melt remaining tablespoon of butter and brush top of crumble with melted butter. Bake for about 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving with ice cream.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post