Shredded Chicken Salad (Costco Style) Recipes
A delicious and versatile shredded chicken salad recipe that tastes so much like Costco’s. Great for baby and bridal showers, picnics, meal prep, it’s naturally Whole30, paleo, and low carb friendly.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 2 1/4 pounds cooked chicken, see Note)
- 1 32- ounce carton chicken broth or stock
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise (plus more to taste)
- 2 cups finely diced celery
- 3/4 cup finely minced sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (Or use 2 teaspoons Everything Seasoning. See Note)
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons salt
- Cook the chicken: place the chicken breasts in a wide skillet and cover with chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook about 20-25 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through and reach 160º F internally. Remove from skillet but reserve broth.
- Alternately, use 2 1/4 pounds (36 ounces) cooked chicken with the skin removed.
- Shred the chicken using your selected method from Notes.
- Place all ingredients but chicken broth in a large bowl (mayonnaise, celery, sweet onion, salt, and black pepper) and stir together.
- Add chicken broth, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the mixture until the desired texture and creaminess is reached. I use about 4-6 tablespoons of chicken broth. Add more mayo to taste, if desired.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post