Purple Banana Nice Cream Recipes
This thick and creamy banana nice cream lands some between soft serve and a smoothie bowl but whatever you want to call, it’s delicious either way. You can enjoy it right away or spread it into a loaf pan and freezer for a harder ice cream. Try it topped with granola, cacao nibs and almond butter for a special treat!
- 1/2 cup packed purple yam (110 g)
- 1/2 a frozen banana (60 g)
- 1 cup peeled, chopped and frozen zucchini (150 g)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (70 g)
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other plant milk of choice
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (30 g)
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend on low, using a tamper to press everything down or stopping to scrape down the sides, until it’s thick, smooth and creamy. You’ll need a bit of patience for this but it should come together in 1-2 minutes at the most. If needed, you can slowly add a bit of extra almond milk until you’re able to blend it.
- Scoop it into a bowl and enjoy as is or top it with your favourite ice cream and smoothie bowl toppings such as nut butter, cacao nibs, hemp seeds and granola.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post