Creamy Tarragon-Dijon Chicken with Leeks Recipes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 large bone-in chicken breasts (, whole, brined (use your favorite brine or check out this “quick brine” that I love))
- 2 large leeks (, finely sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (, minced)
- 8-9 ounces cream ((250 milliliters))
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard ((Maille is best))
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon (, chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste ((go easy on the salt, keeping in mind the brined chicken will be saltier than unbrined chicken))
- whole leaf tarragon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Season with pepper (and salt, if you did NOT brine). Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken carefully in skillet and cook 5 minutes on each side. Place skillet in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.*
- Remove skillet from oven and remove chicken to plate. Add leeks and garlic to the skillet over medium to medium-low heat. Cook about 5 minutes, or until softened. Reduce heat to low to medium-low.
- Add cream and mustards and let simmer gently about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon and let cook for about 1-2 minutes. Serve with rice, pasta, or grain of your choice. Garnish with fresh tarragon and lemon slices.
- Note: *If you’re using boneless skinless chicken breasts, you can skip the oven step. The chicken can cook all the way through in the skillet.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post