Vegan Banana Pancakes with Berries Recipes
These simple vegan pancakes are light and fluffy and take just minutes to make and never disappoint. Load them up with fresh berries, banana and maple syrup and enjoy them for a special treat!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 extra ripe banana
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened almond milk is ideal
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia, 1 packet stevia or 1-3 tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste (you can leave sweetener out if you want as the banana does add some sweetness, taste the batter and adjust to taste)
- 1/2 -1 cup fresh or frozen berries of choice, try blueberries, raspberries or blackberries or a mixture
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium to large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash the banana then add in the milk and sweetener and mix together.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour and baking powder mixture and fold together until “just mixed.” The flour should be completely wetted but still a little lumpy.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray if needed.
- Add approx. 1/2 cup portions of the batter to the pan.
- Once you’ve added the pancakes into the pan, spread a few berries on top of each pancake. For double banana goodness, add some sliced banana too.
- Cook the pancakes over medium heat until the middle starts to bubble and they look dry and firm around the edges. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- Serve right away. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge or frozen and reheated as needed.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post