Whole30 Paleo Gravy Recipes
This easy Whole30 Paleo Gravy recipe tastes just like your favorite Thanksgiving gravy! You would never guess this was gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free! Just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes cooking time are required to make this healthy gravy recipe!
- 3 tablespoons fat (like ghee, coconut oil, drippings, or lard)
- 4 tablespoons tapioca starch or arrowroot powder
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock (hot, but not boiling)
- ½ – 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (optional)
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Heat fat in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Sprinkle tapioca starch or arrowroot powder over the fat and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. The mixture should be golden and bubbling.
- Slowly pour in the warm stock while whisking constantly. The mixture will become a bit grainy and clumpy. Keep whisking until very smooth.
- Cook the gravy for a couple of minutes or until thickened, whisking regularly. Add the coconut aminos and poultry seasoning. If necessary, season the gravy with more salt and pepper to taste.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post