Lentil Vegetable Soup Recipes
Easy Lentil Vegetable Soup that’s cozy, warming, and nutrient-packed! Only 10 ingredients and super customizable.
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 medium carrots
- 6 oz. mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (or fire-roasted)
- 4 cups vegetable broth*
- 1 cup brown/green lentils (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil (or other herbs of choice)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Salt to taste
- Dice onion.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, add onion. Saute for about 8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil saute method. Simply add a touch more liquid if the pan dries out & the onion starts to stick.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic. Dice zucchini and carrot. Slice mushrooms.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, and dried basil. Stir and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice and vegetable broth*.
- Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Rinse and drain lentils. Add lentils to pot and stir.
- Reduce heat, cover, and lightly simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender. (Add more broth or water if desired.)
- Roughly chop spinach and stir in during the last couple minutes of cooking. Salt to taste. (Serve with fresh chopped parsley, basil, or cilantro if desired.)
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post