Healthy Fudgy Brownies (Refined Sugar-Free) Recipes
Healthy fudgy brownies – rich, fudgy, dense, and chewy, but with no refined sugar or flour! Everything is awesome!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder ((natural or Dutch-process))
- 1/4 rounded teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (, cold)
- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- Place oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 325º F. Line an 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on at least two opposite sides.
- Set up a double boiler. Bring 1-2″ of water in a medium saucepan to a low simmer and place a medium heat-proof mixing bowl on top. Don’t let the bottom of the mixing bowl touch the water in the saucepan–if it down, remove a little water. In the mixing bowl, combine butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and salt. Stir occasionally until the butter and coconut oil have melted and the mixture is very warm. It will likely look grainy, but don’t worry about this! Remove the mixing bowl and let sit for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture has cooled down slightly and is only warm, not hot.
- Stir in vanilla, then add eggs, one at a time, stirring until very smooth after each one.
- When the batter looks thick, shiny, and thoroughly blended, add in the flour and stir until fully incorporated. Spread evenly in pan – the batter will be very thick.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean–you want it to be a little moist with batter for ultimate fudginess! You may need to continue baking another 10 minutes, so just keep an eye on things and use that toothpick test. When done, remove from oven and let cool completely in pan. When cool, lift out with parchment or aluminum foil overhang and slice into serving squares with a sharp knife.
- Remove the bowl from heat and set aside for 3 to 5 minutes until it is only warm, not hot.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post