Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken Recipes
A simple Mexican shredded chicken made in the slow cooker with only three ingredients. This recipe makes such tender and flavorful chicken, you’d never guess it was so easy!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (a little less than 2 pounds)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- salt (if desired)
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and stir. Do not add water. Add a few pinches of salt if your taco seasoning does not contain it.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or on high for 3 hours.
- Shred the chicken, either with two forks or with a hand mixer. See Note for more detail.
- Return chicken to slow cooker, if you shredded it on a cutting board or plate. Stir and cook uncovered for 30 minutes on High or 60 minutes on Low.
- Serve in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, salads, or burrito bowls.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post