Bulgur Vegetable Chili Recipes
Warm and satisfying Vegan Bulgur Vegetable Chili! Packed with hearty, cozy ingredients to keep you warm during the winter months.
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen)
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking bulgur (or 1/2 cup for less thick)
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (more for a bigger kick)
- Prep veggies: dice onion, bell pepper, carrot, and zucchini. Mince garlic and halve tomatoes.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onion, bell pepper, carrot, and zucchini for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add garlic, corn, tomatoes, and spices. Sauté another 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups broth, tomato sauce, bulgur, and beans (rinsed and drained).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bulgur is cooked. (Or about 45 minutes if using regular bulgur.)
- It will become very thick as the bulgur absorbs the liquid, and even more after sitting a bit. Add more broth/water to thin it out if desired.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post