Rustic Lentil & Potato Soup Recipes
Satisfying Lentil Potato Soup with mushrooms and herbs! The rich, savory flavors remind me of a vegan version of classic beef stew!
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 6 oz. mushrooms
- 1 medium potato (about 1.5 cups diced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth (plus 1 cup water)
- 2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 cup green/brown lentils, uncooked
- 1 cup spinach, more as desired
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the veggies: dice onion and carrot. Mince garlic. Slice mushrooms. Dice potatoes into about 3/4″ chunks.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, saute onion for 5 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil-saute method.)
- Add potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and dried thyme & parsley. Stir and saute 3-4 more minutes.
- Add garlic. Stir and saute 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups broth, 1 cup water, and tamari. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add lentils (rinsed). Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Add more broth/water if desired.
- Stir in roughly chopped spinach during the last couple minutes of cooking. Salt/pepper to taste or add more tamari.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post