Homemade Rosemary Applesauce Recipes
An herbed, satisfying applesauce that’s a cinch to make and a perfect accompaniment to limitless dishes.
- 2 lbs apples ((about 8 – 9 small or medium, but a kitchen scale comes in handy here), cored and chopped into medium pieces)
- 1/3 cup apple juice or cider
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar ((or maple or agave nectar))
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 2.5 ” piece fresh rosemary
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat and let cook down for about 35 – 45 minutes.
- Fish out the rosemary and mash with a large spoon or potato masher to the desired consistency, or use a blender or immersion blender for a finer consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator – will keep for at least a week (but let’s be honest – I’ll keep it MUCH longer. College steeled my stomach)
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post