Whole30 Chilaquiles with Carnitas and Sweet Potatoes (Whole30 Mexicans) Recipes
These Whole30 chilaquiles are one of our favorite Whole30 Mexican recipes. With sweet potatoes, carnitas or chicken, and plenty of toppings, these Whole30 chilaquiles are flavorful and easy to make. Bound to become one of your favorite Whole30 Mexican recipes!
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and sliced into thin rounds)
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil (divided)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup carnitas or shredded Mexican chicken
- 2 avocados (peeled and pitted)
- 1/2 lime (juice of)
- thinly sliced fresh jalapeños (to serve)
- fresh cilantro (roughly chopped, to serve)
- red onion (chopped, to serve)
- green onions (sliced thin, for garnish)
- red radishes (sliced thin, for garnish, optional)
- almond flour (for garnish)
- cast iron skillet
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. avocado oil over medium heat. Add sweet potato rounds, working in batches if necessary, and fry on both sides until cooked through and crisped, about 10 minutes. Add more oil if necessary to prevent sticking or burning. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you fried the sweet potatoes in batches, combine all sweet potato rounds in skillet. Pour salsa over and stir to coat. Stir carnitas or shredded Mexican chicken into sweet potato mixture. Heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine avocados, lime juice, and plenty of salt. Mash to desired consistency.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. avocado oil over medium heat. Crack eggs, one at a time, into skillet, then cook until whites are opaque and cooked through, with yolk still runny. Season with plenty of salt.
- Slide fried eggs onto sweet potato-carnitas mixture, then top with avocado mash. Garnish with sliced jalapeños, cilantro, red onion, and almond flour, as desired.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post