Southwest Vegan Breakfast Skillet Recipes
There isn’t much too this quick breakfast skillet. Chop some veggies, throw them in a pan, fry it up and serve! To make it more substantial, add some roasted or boiled cubed potatoes or sweet potatoes. This recipe is completely customizable so go ahead and use any veggies you like or whatever you have on hand.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup onion, red or white
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 a red pepper, diced
- 1 sliced vegan sausage such as Field Roast
- 1 tsp each garlic powder and chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin and paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado and salsa, for topping
- Add everything to a skillet and cook over medium-high heat (add a few splashes of water if it starts to stick to the pan) until the veggies are softened and nicely browned, about 6-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, top with avocado, salsa, extra chopped green onion and fresh cilantro and hot sauce if desired and serve right away.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post