Tofu Scramble with Spinach & Tomato Recipes
Our favorite vegan breakfast! Easy, 30-minute Tofu Scramble with Spinach and Tomato. Serve it plain, on bagels, toast, in burritos, etc.!
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric (more as desired)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 1 cup baby spinach (or more)
- Salt to taste
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, saute onion with a little salt for 7-8 minutes. (I use about 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth to saute for no-oil method.)
- Meanwhile, remove some of the excess liquid from tofu. Then crumble tofu and chop tomatoes.
- Add garlic to the pan, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add crumbled tofu and tomato. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Some may stick on the bottom but that’s normal.)
- While the tofu is cooking, put the cumin, paprika, and turmeric in a small bowl. Add 1-2 Tbsp. water and stir to combine.
- Add seasonings and nutritional yeast to the pan. Stir well.
- Add spinach, stir, and cook another 3 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Salt to taste if needed.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post