Teriyaki Baked Tofu Recipes
Fluffy, golden cubes of baked tofu generously tossed in an easy, homemade Teriyaki sauce that’s sweet, savory, and so delicious! One of our very favorite tofu recipes!
- 14 oz. extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar (or 3 Tbsp. maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp. ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch (or arrowroot or other thickener)
- Brown rice, quinoa, sliced green onions, sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Gently squeeze some of the excess liquid from the tofu. (I place mine between a couple kitchen towels and lightly press down for about 15 seconds.)
- Cut tofu into about 3/4-inch cubes and place in single file on baking sheet.
- Bake tofu 25-30 minutes, flipping/stirring halfway through.
- While tofu is baking, place all teriyaki ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- When there’s about 5-10 minutes baking time remaining for the tofu, start warming the teriyaki sauce.
- Whisk teriyaki sauce once more and add to skillet over med-high heat. Stir occasionally with a spatula.
- When tofu is done, carefully add baked cubes to skillet with teriyaki sauce.
- Stir frequently to coat the tofu cubes until sauce thickens (about 5-6 minutes).
- Serve as is, or with rice, quinoa, in veggie bowls, with stir-fry, etc.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post