Red Curry Kabocha Squash Soup Recipes
This beautiful, slightly sweet and perfectly creamy spiced soup is perfect for Winter meal prep or a quick and easy, healthy plant-based meal.
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium white onion, diced (300 g, approx. 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger or 1 tsp dried ground ginger
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 5 cups peeled and cubed kabocha squash (about 1 medium-sized squash or 700 g)
- 4 cups peeled and chopped carrots (about 8 carrots or 600 g)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup light coconut milk
- Add the garlic, onion and ginger to a soup pot with a few tablespoons of the vegetable stock and let cook over medium heat until starting to soften.
- Stir in the red curry paste, stir well and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the stock, squash and carrot.
- Simmer lightly until the squash and carrot are fork-tender, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully add the cooked soup to a blender or use an immersion blender in the pot to blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can leave about 1/3 of the soup behind for a chunkier soup.
- Pour the blended soup back into the pot if you used a blender and stir in the fresh lime juice and coconut. Start with 1/2 cup of coconut milk, then add a little more if needed to reach desired thickness.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post