Greek Farro Salad Recipes
Easy, healthy Greek Farro Salad is just 10 ingredients and 35 minutes to make! Vegan, oil-free, and great made-ahead for picnics, potlucks, packed lunches, etc.
- 1 cup farro (uncooked)
- 6-8 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1 large hothouse cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion (sub shallot or green onion for milder flavor)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Optional: olives, garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Cook farro: rinse well and add to a small pot with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 25 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: mince garlic and combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Halve tomatoes, finely dice red onion, and dice cucumber and bell pepper. Roughly chop parsley. Place in a large bowl.
- Add drained farro, dressing, and stir to combine.
- Great served immediately. (Or even better after it sits covered in the fridge for an hour! Just give it a stir before serving as the dressing settles at the bottom.)
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post