Chocolate Scotcheroo Pinwheels Recipes
Using just six ingredients and a new method, Chocolate Scotcheroos are taken to a new level with the pinwheel technique. Less mess for little hands!
Cuisine : American,
Recipe Yields : 20 people
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
Keywords : chocolate scotcheroos,
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1.5 cups light corn syrup
- 1.5 cups peanut butter
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz. butterscotch chips
- Bring sugar and syrup to a boil in medium sauce pan. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Measure out Rice Krispies in large mixing bowl. Pour mixture over top and stir to combine.
- Grease a large jelly roll pan, and spread Rice Krispie mixture evenly, pressing down firmly with your hands. Make sure your hands have oil or butter on them to prevent sticking.
- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together. You can use double boiler or microwave on 50 percent power, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Spread chocolate over Rice Krispie mixture. Let pan sit for approximately 30 minutes.
- To roll into pinwheels, make sure your hands have plenty of oil/butter on them. Starting at one side of pan, roll scotcheroos up into a large log, pressing as you roll. There may be some chocolate that seeps out, but that is ok.
- Let pan sit again to set up. You can also place in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes until they are ready to slice.
- Once the log is set, slice into approximately 15 pieces. Place in airtight container, layering with parchment paper. Store in refrigerator to fully set up. Remove for 30 minutes before serving or they will be too firm to eat.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post