Quinoa Tabbouleh Recipes
Easy Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad with flavorful tomatoes, parsley, and lemon dressing. Healthy and ultra-fresh!
- 1/2 cup white quinoa (or 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa)
- 1-2 large bunches fresh parsley (lots!)
- 2 cups ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 3-4 green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 1/2 to 2 lemons)
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt to taste
- Fresh mint, lemon zest, cucumber, chickpeas, red onion, balsamic vinegar, cumin, dash of cinnamon
- Cook quinoa: rinse quinoa well. In a small pot over medium-high heat, add quinoa with 3/4 cups water. (Or vegetable broth for more flavor.) Bring to a light boil. Then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid has absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients: finely dice tomatoes. (Remove some excess liquid if they're extra juicy.) Thinly slice green onions. Mince garlic. Then place tomatoes, onions, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley, thick stems removed. (I use a food processor since there's so much, but feel free to hand-chop.) Add to bowl.
- Juice the lemons and add 1/4 cup lemon juice to bowl.
- Let the cooked quinoa cool a bit before adding it to the rest of the ingredients. After quinoa is added, toss well to combine. Salt to taste.
- Can serve immediately, but it really tastes best after it chills for a few hours/overnight to let the flavors combine.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post