Rainbow Chopped Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Recipes
This beautiful Rainbow Chopped Salad is both a color-burst and nutrient-burst! All tossed with a creamy avocado lemon-basil dressing.
- 1 large head romaine
- 1/2 small head red cabbage
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Optional: garbanzo beans, sweet corn, sprouts, fresh herbs, etc.
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 1 lemon (more to taste)
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. agave
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors if necessary. Place in fridge to let flavors mingle while you make the salad.
- Chop all salad vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and toss well to combine. (Or keep dressing + salad stored separately to extend usability.)
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post