Summer Blast Salad with Avocado Recipes
Summer in a bowl! Fresh sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs bring a blast of summery taste to this simple avocado salad.
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 hothouse cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 large ear of corn
- Handful fresh cilantro (or basil, dill, parsley, etc.)
- Optional: red or green onion
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 2-3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Optional: minced garlic
- Boil or steam the corn. (I steam mine in a steamer basket for 5 minutes.) When cooked, carefully cut kernels off the cob.
- Meanwhile, dice cucumber and avocado, and halve tomatoes. Add to a bowl with the corn.
- Roughly chop your herb of choice (I used cilantro) and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together and pour over salad.
- Lightly toss to combine.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post