Balsamic Beet & Kale Salad Recipes
15-minute Balsamic Beet Salad with Kale! Makes a beautiful, healthy holiday side dish. Looks so festive with deep red beets paired with leafy green kale!
- 1 bunch kale
- 4-5 cooked baby beets*
- 1/4 cup red onion
- Sunflower seeds for sprinkling
- Optional: I also love pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts in this!
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. water
- Salt to taste
- Make dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Tear kale into bite sized pieces, stems removed. Place in a large bowl and gently massage.
- Thinly slice red onion and dice beets. Place in bowl.
- Re-stir dressing and pour over top. Toss to thoroughly combine.
- (Note: depending on your taste and how big your kale bunch is, you may not need the full amount of dressing. I do like mine tangy so start with a smaller amount and go from there if you wish!)
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds over top before serving.
- Best eaten within 1-2 days.
- (It marinates as it sits, so I love having this in the fridge throughout the day for snacking! It does tend to dull in color due to the balsamic though.)
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post