Champagne Margarita Recipes
A perfectly balanced margarita–not too much sweet, not too much sour–with a bubbly champagne topper.
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup (, recipe follows)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
- Dry champagne or sparkling wine (, to top)
- Fresh lime juice (, to rim)
- Kosher salt (, to rim)
- Ice cubes
- Simple syrup:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- Make simple syrup: combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk to dissolve sugar. Bring to a boil then remove from heat and cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, up to one month.
- To make a champagne margarita: Prepare your glass. Pour fresh lime juice in a shallow bowl or plate that’s just large enough to dip your margarita glass in and pour a layer of kosher salt in another shallow bowl or plate. Dip rim of glass in lime juice then in kosher salt, then add ice. Combine tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange liqueur in a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice and shake vigorously. Pour over ice into prepared glass and top with champagne–about 2-4 tablespoons will do it, but it’s totally up to your own taste!
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post