Paleo Chocolate Avocado Mousse Recipes
A luxurious, rich chocolate mousse with three hidden ingredients. They’ll never guess… but you’ll know that this paleo chocolate avocado mousse is gasp… *healthy*!
- 2 large avocados (pitted, flesh scooped out)
- ½ cup maple syrup (Slightly less if using coconut aminos)
- 4 ounces vegan dark chocolate (or paleo) (I recommend the melted chocolate and have not yet tried it with powder, or 1/2 cup raw cocoa/cacao powder for raw)
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil (liquid form)
- 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (don’t sub any other vinegar here! And I highly encourage you to use a good balsamic here)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- small pinch salt
- extra chopped dark chocolate, sprig of mint, crushed raspberries, or crushed Oreos, for garnish, optional
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler, being careful not to overheat or burn.
- Scrape into a blender with all other ingredients. Blend until very smooth–a few pulses at the end will help get it all in there. Scrape down mousse as needed to ensure a perfectly smooth texture.
- Refrigerate for two hours, or eat right away for “pudding”.
- Garnish with extra chopped dark chocolate, or garnish with a sprig of mint, crushed raspberries, or crushed Oreo cookies, if you desire.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post