Whole30 BBQ Sauce Recipes
This Whole30 BBQ sauce is smoky and sweet, just like a BBQ sauce should be! It's made with dates, coconut aminos, and smoked paprika, making it paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil (use coconut oil for vegan)
- 1 cup Vidalia or yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup dates chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (plus more if you prefer a smokier flavor)
- 1 6- ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, heat the ghee or coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a gentle boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to blender carefully (it will be very hot!). Blend on high speed until smooth. Season with salt.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post