Roasted Vegetable Orzo with Garlic-Balsamic Recipes
Roasted Vegetables with Orzo tossed in a garlic-balsamic vinaigrette! Easy to modify, full of flavor, and great for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 small onion (or 1/2 large)
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 cup orzo (uncooked)
- 3 roma tomatoes (or cherry/grape tomatoes)
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Fresh parsley, basil, chives, vegan feta, olives
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper (or Silpat).
- Dice zucchini, onion, and bell peppers (cored) into small, bite-sized pieces. Halve/quarter mushrooms.
- Place them all on the baking pan and salt if desired. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package instructions. (I simmer mine about 8-12 minutes or until tender.)
- While orzo is cooking, make the dressing: mince garlic, and add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and place in a large bowl.
- When orzo is finished cooking, drain and place in large bowl with the tomatoes.
- Immediately add the dressing and toss to combine.
- When vegetables are done roasting, add to bowl and stir.
- Salt to taste (or add more vinegar if desired.) Serve warm immediately or chilled.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post