Herb Roasted Whole30 Sweet Potato Salad Recipes
This herb roasted Whole30 sweet potato salad is perfection: crispy sweet potatoes coated in a rich and creamy herb mixture, topped with crunchy red onions. Perfect at a Whole30 picnic, alongside a Whole30 dinner recipe, or as a lunch side dish all week long, you’ll love how flavorful this roasted Whole30 sweet potato salad is. Elegant enough for company but easy enough for a weeknight! Vegan option to make this an herb roasted vegan sweet potato salad, too.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or refined coconut oil (, click to buy on Amazon)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (, click to buy on Amazon)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (, click to buy on Amazon)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (, click to buy on Amazon)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (, click to buy on Amazon)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme (, click to buy on Amazon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Whole30-compliant mayonnaise (or vegan mayo for vegan option) (, click to buy on Amazon)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (, chopped)
- 1/3 cup fresh red onion (, chopped fine)
- baking sheet (, click to buy on Amazon)
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Toss the bite-sized potatoes in the oil until coated well and spread out on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together all spices. Add the spice mixture to the sweet potatoes, about 1/4 of the mixture at a time, until the sweet potatoes are coated liberally. You may not use ALL of the spices, but you do want the potatoes to be pretty coated.
- Roast for 25 minutes then flip over with a spatula. Roast another 10-20 minutes, or until beautifully golden brown and beginning to crisp. As long as you don’t actually burn the sweet potatoes, you’ll be good.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and into a large heatproof bowl. Let cool for about 3-5 minutes or until they’re no longer piping hot but still very warm.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mayonnaise, cilantro, and red onion. Scrape mayonnaise mixture on the potatoes once you’ve allowed them to cool briefly and stir, folding mayonnaise mixture into sweet potatoes until coated well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, but not cold.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post