Creamy Tomato Artichoke Chicken (Whole30, Paleo, Dairy Free) Recipes
This creamy tomato artichoke chicken is absolutely delicious. Whole30, paleo, and dairy free, the recipe is simple but big on flavor and so dang good! Made with only 7 ingredients, this creamy tomato artichoke chicken is a fantastic paleo or Whole30 dinner, but everyone would love it!
- 4 tsp. avocado oil (divided)
- 4 evenly sized chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. dried basil (divided)
- 2 tsp. salt (divided)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (just the solid white part of a can of coconut milk or cream)
- fresh parsley or basil (chopped, for garnish)
- Heat 2 tsp. avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. dried basil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Season both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning mixture.
- Transfer chicken breasts to skillet and cook without moving, about 8 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown and releases easily. Flip and cook about 3 more minutes or until cooked through. Internal temperature should be about 161-162º F. Transfer cooked chicken breasts to a plate.
- Let skillet rest a couple minutes then return to stove. Heat 2 tsp. avocado oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine well and incorporate coconut cream. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post