Teriyaki Quinoa Bowl Recipes
A filling, hearty, delicious vegan bowl made with a mushroom and snap pea stir-fry, quinoa, veggies and homemade teriyaki sauce.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa or about 1/2 – 3/4 cup cooked quinoa per bowl
- 1 package firm or extra-firm tofu
- 2 cups sliced white or cremini mushrooms (200 g)
- 2 heaping cups snap peas (225 g)
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrot
- 2 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1 avocado (1/4 per bowl)
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- sesame seeds for topping
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bake the tofu. Cut the tofu into cubes or slabs and toss with a pinch of sea salt, soy sauce and black pepper. Place on a silicone mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until browned, flipping half-way through. This should take 25-40 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa. Cook the quinoa according to package directions or bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until he quinoa has absorbed all the water. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Make the teriyaki sauce. To make the teriyaki sauce, add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat (it should come to a very light boil), stirring frequently until it thickens. This can take anywhere form 4-10 minutes. It should be thick and syrupy when it’s done.
- Stir-Fry the mushrooms and peas. While everything is cooking, heat 1/2 tsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan then add the sliced mushrooms and peas. Cook over high-heat, stirring often, until the mushrooms are browning and the peas are slightly tender but still crunchy, about 10 minutes.
- Assemble the bowls. To assemble the bowls, divide the quinoa, stir-fried peas and mushrooms, avocado, green onion, broccoli, carrot and tofu amongst 4 bowls or containers. Drizzle each bowl with an equal amount of the teriyaki sauce. Top with sesame seeds and serve.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post