Wild Rice Vegetable Soup Recipes
Wild rice is a wonderful addition to soup with it’s hearty texture and earthy, nutty taste – plus a nice boost of protein & fiber!
- 3/4 cup wild rice (uncooked)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 carrots
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 2 cups cut green beans (I use frozen)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth (+2 cups water)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Salt to taste
- Optional: spinach
- Dice onion.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, saute onion for 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice carrot, slice mushrooms, and mince garlic.
- Add garlic, carrots, mushroom, and dried basil. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add broth, 2 cups water, diced tomatoes (with juice), and green beans.
- Increase heat and bring to a light boil. Rinse wild rice and add it to the stockpot.
- Decrease heat to med-low and simmer covered for about 50 minutes or until rice is tender. (Add more liquid if desired.)
- If using spinach, stir in during the last few minutes. Salt to taste.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post