Tempeh Mushroom Pasta Recipes
Hearty, vegan, "meaty" pasta… without the meat! This 30-Minute Tempeh Mushroom Pasta makes for an easy, satisfying weeknight meal.
- 12 oz. pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz. tempeh
- 10 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 26 oz. jar pasta sauce
- Onion, garlic, spinach, bell pepper, zucchini, fresh herbs
- Cook pasta according to package directions.*
- Meanwhile, crumble tempeh.
- In a large pan over medium heat, saute tempeh and mushrooms about 8 minutes or until mushrooms soften. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil saute method. Add more as necessary.)
- Reduce heat to med-low. Pour in pasta sauce (and 1-2 cups pasta water if using).
- Stir occasionally until sauce is heated through, about 10 minutes. (Stir in spinach during last couple minutes if using.)
- Spoon sauce mixture over cooked pasta.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post