Coconut Curry Turmeric Chicken (Whole30, Anti-Inflammatory) Recipes
This coconut curry turmeric chicken is a rich and creamy dinner recipe. Loaded with anti-inflammatory turmeric, it’s full of flavor and easy to make. Dairy free, Whole30, paleo.
- 4 chicken bone-in skin-on thighs
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 13.5- ounce can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- steamed cauliflower rice
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat your coconut oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Season your chicken thighs with plenty of salt then carefully place them skin-side down in the skillet. Don’t move them! Sear for about 7-8 minutes without touching, or until skin releases easily from the pan and is beautifully golden brown.
- Turn the chicken thighs over and bake in a 375º oven for 19-20 minutes. Carefully remove and transfer the chicken thighs to a plate. Make sure you use a potholder from here on out; the handle of your skillet will be very hot!
- Pour off all but about 2 teaspoons of fat from your skillet. Add the yellow curry paste and sauté until fragrant, then add your onion and bell pepper and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and turmeric and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened and reduced by about half. Stir in your fish sauce, coconut aminos, black pepper, and lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Serve your chicken thighs over cauliflower rice, top with plenty of coconut curry turmeric sauce, and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post