Whole Wheat Beer Bread Recipes
A versatile, whole wheat beer bread made in less than an hour and oh so satisfying.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- One 12-oz can or bottle of beer – the beer will impart a little flavor on the bread (, so get creative!)
- 3 tablespoons butter or Earth Balance ((vegan butter), melted)
- oats (, optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine both flours, baking powder, and salt. Sift well with whisk, then pour in beer and agave nectar/honey, and stir until a stiff batter is formed. Don’t over-mix!
- Spoon dough into prepared loaf pan and smooth top with back of spoon. Sprinkle oats on top of loaf, if desired. Melt butter or Earth Balance and brush across top of dough, dotting over the oats. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post