Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing Recipes
Healthy Quinoa Vegetable Salad with a fresh lemon-basil dressing! Packed with a double protein punch and great for take-along lunches.
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 4 green onions
- Optional for topping: fresh basil or parsley
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp. basil (or fresh if you have it)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Rinse quinoa, and cook according to package directions.*
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Slice green onions, dice roma tomatoes and bell pepper. Rinse and drain garbanzo beans.
- When quinoa is done cooking, let cool for a few minutes. Then place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and mix well to combine.
- Enjoy immediately or chill before serving to let flavors develop.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post