Avocado Quinoa Kale Power Salad Recipes
Energizing, nutrient-packed Quinoa Avocado Kale Salad! Only 9 ingredients and full of delicious plant-based nourishment.
- 3/4 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 cups kale (or more)
- 2 medium avocados
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (I use this brand)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions in 1 1/2 cups water (I often use a little less water to create fluffier quinoa).
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a small bowl stir together ingredients and set aside.
- Roughly chop or tear the kale into small pieces, stems removed, and place in a large bowl.
- Slice the green onions, halve/quarter the tomatoes, and dice the avocado.
- When quinoa is done cooking, add it to the large bowl with kale.
- Add the green onions, tomatoes, hemp hearts, and dressing. Stir to combine.
- Add the avocado and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors blend more.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post