Au Jus Recipes
This au jus recipe is so rich and flavorful and can be made with or without drippings! Perfect alongside my easy prime rib recipe, for French dip sandwiches, or over beef and noodles. So much flavor, quick, and easy.
- 4 tablespoons butter or beef drippings
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (See Note for gluten free or paleo)
- 1/4 cup red wine (or beef broth)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Melt butter or drippings in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle over the flour and whisk well until a paste forms; it will not be super thick.
- Pour in the red wine and whisk vigorously. The mixture will become a gooey, purple mess; don’t worry. Continue cooking the mixture over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until the sharp alcohol smell is gone.
- Slowly pour in about 1/2 cup of the beef broth and whisk vigorously to combine. Once the beef broth is incorporated, pour in the remaining broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with plenty of salt and pepper and serve with prime rib, French dip sandwiches, or whatever else you like.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post