White Bean Vegan Meatballs with Zoodles Recipes
These vegan meatballs make a perfect addition to a big bowl of healthy, low carb zucchini noodles and spicy tomato sauce! They’re high in fibre and protein, low in fat, full of flavour and won’t fall apart. Gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free.
- 5-6 zucchinis (1500 g), sliced into noodles with a spiralizer
- 1 jar of tomato-based pasta sauce of choice
- For the White Bean Meatballs:
- 1 x 19 oz can of white kidney beans, rinsed and well-drained
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2 tbsp water, mix and let sit for 5 min)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 a small red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Place your zucchini noodles in a colander, sprinkle with sea salt and set aside to “sweat.”
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the white bean balls by placing all the ingredients except the onion and parsley in a food processor. Process until smooth, a few chunky bits is ok but it should be fairly fine.
- Add the red onion and parsley and pulse to combine.
- Using your hands, roll into 10 balls and place on a baking tray prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 25 minutes until browned.
- Drain the zucchini noodles then place on a flat dish towel, wrapping up and squeezing to remove excess water. Add to a sauce pan with your pasta sauce, cooking for about 5-10 minutes until tender and everything is heated through.
- Serve the zucchini pasta topped with the white bean balls and dig in!
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post