Kale Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Roasted Chickpeas Recipes
Healthy kale salad with sweet sun-dried tomatoes, crunchy roasted chickpeas, and an easy homemade lemony-garlic dressing!
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- Optional toppings: sunflower seeds, avocado
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more/less as desired)
- Roast the chickpeas: preheat oven to 400. Rinse and drain chickpeas. Pat dry on a towel. On a rimmed baking sheet add chickpeas, spices, and salt. Toss to coat. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While chickpeas are roasting, cut/tear kale into bite-sized pieces, stems removed. Add to a large bowl, and massage for a minute to tenderize.
- Make the dressing: finely mince garlic. Place in a small bowl with lemon juice and tamari. Pour over top of kale and toss well to thoroughly coat.
- Dice sun-dried tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Top with roasted chickpeas (and sunflower seeds, avocado, etc. if desired.)
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post